Sunday, February 06, 2005

GearBox / Motor Mount Design for Folding Frame


motor mount
Keith Rowell Design

I've worked up some motor mounts based on the discussion in the January meeting. (held in Feb.) These are to mount the gearboxes onto the folding frame.

I was able to modify the folding frame to maintain it's width when closed, as per the meeting comments. It appears that the bottom "x"scissor brace controls closed width, and the vertical "x" scissor brace controls the angle of the vertical frame when fully open. I drilled out the rivetes and moved the connect points and achieved a configuration per saturday's comments. In the current configuration, when the motors are added the full width is 26.7" wide. That's with the frame's outer rails at 12.75". In order to bring the total width down to 24", the folding frame needs to be modified further to have a total width of around 10".

I don't have a camera handy today, I will post those photos when available.

No comments: