Wednesday, November 23, 2005

3601 Slide Closed


3601 slide closed

The size of the closed bot with the new slide bothered me some. The bounding box shows the total envelope as 9x28x22. Would someone measure their trunk and report if this is too big?

There's also a problem with the distance between the motors. The slide wont pass between them when closing. The interference is about 1/4". I'll have to double check the models with the actual motors to see if I left myself any spare. As I recall, the motor connectors are in the rear area, and wiring space will be needed there. We might be able to widen the frame an inch to accomodate this problem. As you will recall, we set the width to be 24" in order to pass through the smallest doors. Standard doors are 28" with 26" being a small door and 32" a large door for moving furniture through and such.

No comments: